Career Level Experienced
Industry Tech Support
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Global Staffing LLC. is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team in our North Carolina office. This person will provide technical guidance and support to our business and customers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, solid analytical skills, and proven problem-solving experience. He/she will use their interpersonal skills to communicate with customers and provide a solution to their technical problems quickly and professionally.
- Review and respond to all software and hardware issues as reported. Evaluate the product by testing its capabilities in an on-going manner. Determine and report on system capabilities and restrictions. Evaluate the customer objective and suggest alternatives and recommendations.
- Collaborate with other technical team members to provide exceptional customer service to the client. Work with programmers to explain any errors found and provide recommendations for a solution. Improve any current programs by understanding the goal and outcome.
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within the company
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges
- Actively update, maintain and monitor all aspects of computer networks
- Resolve technical issues related to network interruptions
- Attend in-person meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware problems
- Maintain a working log detailed all required system updates, as well as the date of completion
- Organize and file documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technology field is preferred
- Industry-specific certification in relevant computer languages or software may be required
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with a variety of project team members in various locations
- Accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Four years of related technical support experience
- Orion Rhapsody experience
- Experience working with ELR messaging and communicable disease reporting at a local, state or federal level
- Technically savvy with strong project management skills
- Experience troubleshooting issues and achieving solutions
- Extensive experience with laboratory data and EDI transaction processing, including LOINC and SNOMED-CT coding of lab data
- The ability to explain to a non-technical person in a way they will understand
- Experience leveraging relational databases and wide ranging expertise in a variety of programming languages