Career Level Experienced
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Global Staffing LLC. is looking for a Network Specialist to join our team in our North Carolina office. The Network Specialist is responsible for network performance data, monitor network security, and optimize server capacity to manage the flow of information.
- Determining company needs and coordinating the development and maintenance of network infrastructures with the IT team.
- Ensuring secure and stable server connectivity and testing network protocols.
- Creating internet domains and optimizing intranet performance.
- Testing data exchange and communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Installing, updating, and configuring end-user networking accessories.
- Monitoring server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures.
- Training junior IT staff, preparing user manuals, and providing remote or onsite technical support.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- Certified CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a network specialist.
- ServiceNow Discovery implementation for large complex environments
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- ‘CCNA’ level of networking knowledge to include routing protocols, TCP/UDP transmission, subnetting and IP transit diagnosis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting ServiceNow Discovery
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to visit client locations.
- Hands on senior knowledge of and experience with implementing & supporting current Cisco LAN switching products
- Senior level troubleshooting skillset related to LAN and WAN technologies including capturing and analyzing packet level data
- Availability to perform network repairs outside of business hours.