Career Level Mid Level
Industry IT Support
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Global Staffing LLC, is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team in our State of Michigan office. The Systems Administrator will act as the security guard for our system. This role maintains upgrades, maintenance, and any installations needed for our employees. The System Administrator will educate our employees and act as the first point of contact for support within the business for technical needs.
The ideal candidate will have strong time-management skills and excellent communication skills, which enable him/her to work with various employees and leaders within the company. The System Administrator will own any/all technical problems and feel passionate about technology and helping others.
- Manage – Respond to calls and emails, provide fast follow-up, and identify solutions. Collaborate with our internal and external customers to elaborate on project statuses and winning achievements.
- Maintenance – Perform server administration tasks, including user management, security protocols, and network maintenance. Monitor for bugs, review incoming data and use existing tools to respond to issues as they arise. Develop and test new technologies as needed. Perform routine audits of the systems and perform the nightly backup as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science is required
- Prior Technical Support experience
- Military background and/or experience and knowledge of military operations
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, equipment, technology and other performance-monitoring tools
- Candidates with additional network certifications (A+, CCNA, CISSP, etc)
- Candidates must have active Security+ certification – or ability to procure Security+ within reasonable timeframe
- Candidates must have a demonstrated background in customer service orientation, issue resolution, and ability to train end customers
- Strong understanding of proactive customer service
- Citizenship and an I-9 verification is required along with drug testing.
- Candidates must have the ability to work autonomously – independent of direct supervision
- Ability to work on-site – in Alpena, MI