Career Level Experienced
Industry Risk Analyst
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Global Staffing LLC. is looking for a TAX – IT Risk Assessment Analyst to join our team. The Risk Assessment Analyst will facilitate and manage projects by serving as the liaison for users and developers. This role is responsible for handling of all tax related matters in the organization they work for, and their responsibility vary based on the complexity of the taxes they’re filing for, and the assets, expenses, and deductions associated with the business.
The ideal candidate has a curious mind and enjoys taking a challenging problem, breaking it down into sections, reviewing the information, and asking the right questions. This person must have exceptional people skills as well as creative solutions.
- Responsible for gathering the information required for international compliance and transfer pricing, and provide support with the year-end provision
- Provide support with professional development, as well as review the work of the tax accountant
- Provide support for tax audits and answer to inquiries from various taxing jurisdictions
- Verify account balances by performing reconciliations on tax general ledger accounts
- Responsible for ensuring proper taxation of inbound and outbound expatriate employees
- Ensure the organization is current with changing tax obligations and contact tax agencies to apply for and set up new tax IDs as necessary
- Liaise with tax agencies for timely resolution of all payroll tax related issues
- Review and approve all payments and returns by tax vendors whether on a weekly, biweekly, quarterly, or annual basis
- Regularly perform audits on the system to ensure data integrity; responsible for the resolution of discrepancies that might adversely impact on the company’s tax returns
- Responsible for the reconciliation of payroll tax account balances and other payroll functions as required.
- Experience performing Risk Assessments within a state agency environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet daily deadlines for projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inform managers and other stakeholders of results
- 5 years of IT Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio and other analysis programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs at the same time to complete work
- Experience with reviewing IT system doc: including Business Impact Assessments, previous Risk Assessments, System Security Plans, Network Vulnerability
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently solve problems with data
- CISA, CRISC, CISSP or similar certification preferred
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
- An in-depth understanding of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53 is required.
- Familiarity with Commonwealth of VA (COV) Information Security Standards requirements SEC501-11, SEC525-04.1, SEC502-3, SEC520-02, IRS Publications
- Basic knowledge of programming languages, such as SQL and Python
- Presentation skills, including public speaking and presentation creation using PowerPoint or a similar program